The global sex-kink-cabaret-costume party extravaganza which is Kinky Salon comes to Seattle!
Roll in the Hay, Bump in the Brush, Grind in the Grove, or otherwise indulge yourselves in the global sexual revolution this Thanksgiving weekend.
Give spanks while you give thanks for being yo’ sexy selves.
Tumble in the Woods is an eclectic, whimsical, woodsy event for those who wish to wave their freak flags high! This is a queer-kink-sex and silliness positive event. Leave your assumptions and muggle-notions at the door.
- Come early to connect and feast in the delightful sights and sounds of the cabaret!
- Check out an item from the lusty library (hands on demos and info available upon request).
- Head to our dance room to get your funk on before you get your snack on!
- Stay late for a touch of pagan-inspired revelry as we toast to the Norse tradition of Sumbel – a celebration of wine and partying.
- Take full advantage of our horizontal socializing spaces.
- Or just cum and stay all night to share in the atmosphere.
This is an all-skate event! Everyone of all identities, genders, orientations, ages, bodies, and persuasions, from first time explorers to seasoned party-goers are welcome. If you’ve read and agreed to our Pal System and House Rules, then this party is for you.
Costume Inspiration: into the woods, Woody Harrelson, lumberjacks (you’re ok!), bunnies, beavers, Peter Pan, Pooh-bear, Glinda the Camp witch of the North, Alchemists, Fairy Queens, gender-fluid elves, Gandalf the Gray, White and Gay, Red Riding Hood, androgynous wood sprites. Or, if you’re not moved by the theme, you can also dress fancy, or formal, or fetish, and you’ll make it in. Just please don’t look everyday; we want no spectators and all participants!
Costumes Please – No Street Clothes!
Venue is between downtown and Georgetown. (Not actually an outdoor party 😉
- 9 PM: Doors open
- 9:30 PM – 10:30 PM: Demos TBA
- 10:30 PM – 11 PM: Cabaret
- 11 PM: Doors close and party is launched!
- 1:30 AM: Doors reopen
- 3 AM: Party’s over!
…You’ve never seen a strip tease like this…
…This singer-songwriter duo keeps it real with consent while getting down
…The inimitable, the only, The Lady B will stun you with her signature drag-lesque
PAL System & House Rules
- When you come to Kinky Salon you must bring a PAL with you. PAL stands for Pervy Activity Liaison, but really it just means a friend or trusted acquaintance.
- You can’t PAL someone you don’t know. You must know them and trust them.
- Your PAL can be the same gender, the opposite gender, or even a couple.
- You are responsible for your PALs behavior and they are responsible for yours!
- If either of you violate the charter you will both be held responsible.
- You must arrive together and we recommend leaving together.
THE CLIFF NOTES Dos/Donts:
- Be creative about how you dress
- Contribute when and where you can
- State your boundaries
- Play safely and consensually
- Have sensible safe sex practices
- Respect our space and each other
- Clean up after yourself
Bonus points if you bring your own towel and water bottle 🙂
- Linger unaccompanied in play spaces
- Cruise aggressively (even if they are really cute)
- Get too intoxicated
- Take photographs
- Use your cellphone
- Gossip about what goes on here
- On FetLife in the “Kinky Salon Seattle” group.
- On Facebook, you can join the “KISSEA Friends” public group and send it a private message, and you’ll receive an invite to the private Kinky Salon Seattle group on Facebook.
- We’re also on Twitter!
- You can also find us on Instagram — search “Kinky Salon Seattle”.
We can’t wait to frolic with you all!!!
Kinky Salon is a playful, sexy space for the kinky, cis, transgender, queer, vanilla, straight, bi, pansexual to enjoy and engage, to cultivate community. Yes, people can have sex at Kinky Salon, but it’s not necessarily the focus of the evening. For some people it’s a place to experiment with exhibitionism, explore their sexuality with new friends, or let their hair down just enough to feel a sense of freedom and liberation. For others the sex is just a charming and delightful backdrop to an evening of socializing. Kinky Salon is a social experiment embedded with tools to help people explore their identity, learn to communicate their boundaries, and surf their comfort zones.
Photo credits: Steph Jamieson, photographer; Serenity Skye, makeup.